Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Golden Bay Beach


Golden Bay Beach   6"x 6"  oil on board

Malta is has a rocky coast but there are a few nice beaches. My
favorite is Golden Bay where I spent the day recently. I went with
my son, my camera, and my IPAD.  I have an app called
free draw and it's fun to pass the time
doing color studies to bring back to the studio.
I've done this a few times and I have to
tell you, set up and clean up are a piece of cake!

BTW- the movie scenes of Gladiator in the Colosseum were
filmed on this beach.  Interesting right?  All the rest
of the Colosseum was digitally enhanced.- WOW

 
 





2 comments:

  1. I think this is wonderful, Bruce. You have captured the sun and shadows so well and all in the right key.
    Interesting about Gladiator. I will re-watch with added interest to see if I can spot how they did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Can't wait to hear more about your new work space on your blog!

      Delete