Monday, March 20, 2017

AIS: Impressions Small Works Showcase



Last weekend I flew to Costa Mesa for the AIS Paintout, Show Opening, demos and workshops.  I love painting in California, the light and atmosphere are special. The show was fantastic, filled with beautiful paintings.  You can see the award winners and a lot of the show by clicking here.




Ray's workshop group pic

I enjoyed taking a workshop with Ray Roberts on painting rocks and water.  Growing up on a beach I have a special love of the water.  Ray is a master of the subject and really explains the spectral highlights, AKA, sparkle.  Our first day was very sunny and the following was moody and foggy. These are my favorites out of 11 studies I did:

Wave Painting


Rock Painting.


Kathy Riedinger and I having fun at the opening.


The next day I crashed Peggi Kroll Roberts workshop for the second day of her two day workshop, Figures on the Beach.  I’ve been a long time fan of  both Ray and Peggi so it was a special treat.  I was able to buy one of Peggi’s paintings.  It’s of Ray painting, on the left, and part of our class watching him.
I think she needed to relax after judging such a big show!




Thanks for following along!





No comments:

Post a Comment