Thursday, January 25, 2018

Prickly Pear by Bruce Bingham

Prickly Pear
8x10 oil

I was so pleased to have this plein air painting receive a finalist award in 
the Gateway International Painting Contest
judged by Kathie Odom last December.
Thank you and congratulations to all the eleven other finalists.
You can see all the finalists and read the judges comments 
by clicking here.

I feel really grateful and encouraged when I get a 
pat on the back like this.
We all know it's very subjective and a game of chance.

A word about my plein air painting and what I'm trying to do.
My focus in on creating in interesting surface texture, a pleasing design, and a range of values.
I'm also trying to trust my intuition and not second guess myself,
because there just isn't time.

Thank you all for your support and following along!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Bruce, I REALLY like this one. It seems everything you do creates a response in my art heart. Congratulations and thanks for the link...I enjoyed seeing the other selections.
    I agree - it is important NOT to second guess yourself in the speed plein air painting requires. That's why doing it regularly helps so much.

    ReplyDelete