Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Canada, Seeing Double!

The thing about painting trips is that it stretches you as an artists.
It forces you out of your comfort zone and to look at things with fresh eyes.
It also made me choose a subject that I wouldn't normally paint.

Canadian Vista View
12 x 12
oil

I usually go for structure over pure landscapes and definitely
not vistas.  It's a personal preference but partially because 
I feel like these views are so majestic I'm not sure I can convey that feeling.
But this is where my friends landed so I gave it a whirl.
I can really see why people get into painting mountains.

Funny thing, below is my friend, Mary Burkhardt's painting next to mine.
Even though the interpretations are very different it almost looks like the 
same painting extended!

Seeing Double


Thanks for following along!




1 comment:

  1. Oh boy... this is fabulous! You are such a good painter, Bruce.
    Neat seeing Mary’s version next to yours. An added dimension of pleasure for me.

    ReplyDelete