Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Birds of a Feather


Birds of a Feather  6 x 6 oil on board

I spotted this lady eating and feeding the pigeons while I was waiting
for my visa to be officially stamped and recorded by the Maltese Immigration
Department. I whipped out my I pad to gather some color references and
snapped a quick photo to bring back to my studio to paint from.


Ex-Pat Slant:

I'm stamped and cleared to stay in Malta another year. It's best to arrive at the Immigration Department early since they quit at noon and have more people than they can process in the four days a week they are open.

I'm happy to say “mission accomplished” in spite of:

waiting in the wrong line for two hours only to be redirected to another line to wait;

the zillion people vying for position to be in front of the one fan;

the most unusual filing system that literally looks like something out of a Harry Potter novel- stacks of paper in disarray everywhere, from floor to ceiling, covering desks, I half expected an ancient old man in spectacles and smelling of moth balls, writing with a quill tipped pen, to peer down at me from the tippy top of the stacks;

phones ringing constantly and never answered; 

and to top it off- a huge fight in the waiting area involving eight screaming men and lots of cursing and finger pointing.

All and all a truly entertaining experience, I only wish I'd taken photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment