Friday, November 17, 2017

Corolla Light


After Annapolis I took advantage of being on the east coast
and drove down to Corolla on the Outer Banks for a wedding and
reunion with old friends.  By old I mean, friends since elementary school;)

It was freezing on the water so I did a quick sketch and headed inland to
the historic Corolla village.



I wanted to go see the famous Wild Horses on the beach but
I'd have to sit in an open air truck and I was already chilled to the bone,
in spite of wearing every layer I brought with me.
I'll have to so back!!!
The Outer Banks hold many fond memories for me and
it was great to be on the beach again
and seeing much loved friends.


If you're in Austin please join me at Austin Art and Frame on Sunday, Nov. 19th, 2-4 for some 
Holiday Cheer.
2805 Bee Cave Rd. Austin

Hope to see you there!


2 comments:

  1. The top one is really beautiful with the sky reflecting on the water. I have a similar view, believe it or not, right here at the Bosque del Apache,NM.
    Love the catch of light on the red chairs too. You have a wonderful eye for knowing how to make the "ordinary" very special.
    Wish i could get the the Illumination event. Looks like a feast of great art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, thank you so much for saying that! I love to find beauty in the mundane. While it wasn’t really a painting trip, I took my little easel and water soluble oils so I could travel light and grab some painting time when I could. Hope your move is going well!

      Delete