Friday, September 20, 2013

Italian Men

Italian Men 8x8 oil on museum board

OK,  Italian men do have a bit of a reputation.  I just couldn't resist the title.
So before your mind starts spinning out of control,
let's take the high road here.  I promised myself
I would not make any off color remarks that might offend anyone.
   But I will admit that I think Italians are some of the most beautiful people in
the E.U. both the men and women.
There is a reason why Milan is one of the four fashion capitals of the world!

Did I forget to mention that the Tuscany region is one of my favorite places to paint
in the world?  I love the small old villages nestled on the hillsides, the narrow
picturesque streets filled with flowers, and the expansive landscape.

My goal is to be nibbling a homemade pizza and sipping a glass of Chianti by the time you
wake up, make a cup of coffee and read this post. I should  have
ridden two ferries, crossed Sicily and driven to northern Italy.
BUT if my next post still has palm trees instead of vineyards and rolling hills
you'll know I wasn't very convincing in getting Robi on the ferry, inspite of being
heavily armed with bacon treats.
I've told him that only the most preferred customers get to ride in their own
kennel private compartment, it's extra special.

Yet he's difficult to convince, he just wants to know what the heck I did with his sofa!
Wish me luck.
Stay tuned....









2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Page, thanks for commenting! Really have enjoyed your artist in residence :)

      Delete