Monday, August 6, 2012

Blooming Color


Blooming Color 6" x 6" oil on board


This was done for the Daily Paintworks paint a rose challenge.

I was a bit of a late bloomer in getting it in on Saturday just before a
new challenge was started.  My first rose went into the compost pile
but I decided to give it another try. 

I find everyday ordinary things that no one really thinks of
as beautiful much less intimidating to paint than something as
exquisite as a rose, a flower that has
inspired poetry and love songs since man has been creating them.

To get over my hang up about it I decided to just have
fun with it and play with the
color and the brushstrokes.
I'm glad I didn't give up!








2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful rose. I love the mosaic of colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, thanks for your support! Not exactly "fracturing" like you do but lots of fun spots of color!

      Delete