Monday, December 3, 2012

Cups and Shadows

 
Cups and Shadows 6x6 oil on board
 
This painting was all about the shapes and shadows.
When I'm painting I try to forget what it is that I'm painting.
I try to not think about it as a tree, or a person,
or as a still life.  I feel I do a better
job if I simply look at the
shapes and values in front of me.
Somehow it turns out to be more interesting that way.
 
 
take advantage of my 25% off cyber sale
25% off anything on my site!
collect your discount by emailing me
now through Dec. 5th only
 


2 comments:

  1. Wow...talk about complex!
    The orange mug handle casting a shadow inside the blue mug is a nice touch, Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, LOL, I know right? I was trying to keep it simple but got carried away with the shapes. Hope your class is going well and I'm hoping to see a fracturing artbyte soon!

    ReplyDelete