Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bahama Mama


Bahama Mama  6 x 6 oil on board

This was a pleasure to paint.  I like to continue down
this path and see where it leads. I've attempted to
not overwork the paint and be bolder
and less fussy with my mark making.

Something I do before I lay on the color is to
decide what harmony I'm going for.
In this case it was a Tetrad with the primary being blue-violet
and yellow-orange and the secondary red-orange and
blue-green.  I have all the colors laid out on my
palette and will use them as well to bend the color bias with.
I do this intuitively once I've made set my original 
intention so it gets a bit sloppy sometimes,
But for the most part I think the colors worked out OK.





2 comments:

  1. Pure magic! Mystery, emotion, comfort, love, peace, rest, nature, and more. It's all there for the viewer to imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment A.

    ReplyDelete