Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Just Up The Road


Just Up The Road  5 x 7 oil on museum board

Every where I go I am inspired to paint.  I think I could find
about 50 thousand paintings within 5 kilometers of my home.
Just up the road from me the beautiful morning light
was hitting the unusual blue door ahead and 
it took my breath away.
That feeling of "oh,wow" is what inspires me.

Only in France:
Moving in has been much more chaotic than expected and
I've had to spend alot of time on co-ordinating repairs since the house
has been empty for the past six years- and with my French-
that takes a while.

One of the things we needed was a new gate and I wanted one
where Robi would be able to see out of. After stopping by the
'portail magazine' (gate store) it was agreed that a
salesman would stop by the next morning to take a measurement and
decide on a final design.  He arrived promptly at 9:30 and within 5 minutes
all the details were straight so I asked if he would like a cup of tea- in my best French.

Of course he would, he loves tea and most people here only drink coffee, he tells me.
So I offer a Madeline as well which he graciously accepts, and we continue to
chat over breakfast about my cow paintings, the back lighting, the French life, followed by 
all things about the portail business and his philosophy on customer service.
Delightful! Only in France:))))
Could there be a better French lesson?






4 comments:

  1. Bruce your journey is so inspiring, delightful, charming and wow your paintings are stunning. You are living the life I dream of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, thank you so much for your nice comment. I hope to keep you more in the loop now that I'm getting settled!

      Delete
  2. Oh boy! what a great painting - colors are gorgeous. Al this and you are not completely settled in yet. The area is so beautiful and you have the ability to do it justice so I am really looking forward to seeing more.
    Maybe you will offer workshops over there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the comment Julie. A workshop (in the summer) would be a great idea. After a weekend filled with chores I'm ready to get back into a better painting groove again!

    ReplyDelete