Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Ushuaia, Argentina

 Hello my friends! I am happy to report that I survived the South Pole experience and have landed in beautiful Ushuaia, Argentina where we start the next leg of our journey. I have to admit our hotel is extremely comfortable with wifi and all the creature comforts:). The view is spectacular across the Beagle Crossing, the furthest mountain range is the Andes in Chili. This is the height of summer. If the following photos look cold and windy to you, that's because it is!
We took a train ride through the national park and explored the lake areas, and ended at the southern most post office in the world. 
Oops, I cannot figure how to delete this double photo, sorry folks. Moving along..... A few more photos of the post office on the pier, the town, and surrounding area:





Luggage space w as very limited with the requirements for the South Pole  I did sneak in a small set of acrylics that I hope to be able to use for some color sketches on the cruise. Acrylics are easy to pack since they are water soluble and quick to dry, handy!  Thanks for following along:))))




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lucy, once in a lifetime to the pole might be enough for me but extreme sports people go back again and again and ski there! Inspiring!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Thank you so much for taking us all with you on this trip to the end of the world, no less! It looks cold but SO exciting! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeni, Thanks for following along. We are dressed for the occasion so staying pretty warm. Thia is probably my last post before we start the cruise, the wifi will be spotty and slow but will catch you up on our return:)

      Delete
  3. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following along. Trying to download more photos now:)

      Delete