Thursday, March 9, 2017

The Party Continues....

Ok Kids,

More gossip on Turks and Caicos.  Absolutely hands down some of the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever visited.  It rivals some in Koh Samui and Bali. I really loved the bougainvillea in bloom, the pathways, and white sandy beaches.  


Unbelievable!  But true:)


We had an Oscar party, thanks Susie, and a Mardi Gras party, thanks Cof, and a fantastic time before, after and in between. 


I would try to find a shady spot and paint in the a.m.  Sometimes I even had company! Thanks Deb:)






 I have to say that I’m really loving these water soluble oil paints when I travel.  Maybe it’s because I don’t use the transparent underpainting and just go in thicker sooner, cutting out a step, and the brushes are easy to clean so the paint seems to stay fresh.  Normally I’m not much of a cleaner and make myself feel better by saying that the residual color left on the brush helps me ‘create harmony’ :). I might add that I feel using too much turp really muddies things up, for better or worse.  It would be better if I remembered to use one brush for one color or value, but I don’t.  Hence the benefit of the water clean up. Easy peasy.
 Just sayin’.

 (Keeping it simple.)

Here are some of my efforts.






More info on these plein air paintings here.

Right around the corner: Plein Air Convention 2017

#PACE17
#pleinairconvention
#pleinair
@ericrhoads


If you haven't done so and would be so kind, I'd love for you to nominate me for the first ever Plein Air Wars!
Please go to https://pleinairwars.com/get-started
scroll down and nominate
Bruce Bingham
Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks for following along!




1 comment:

  1. Color abounds. You captured the light perfectly.
    Great to hear you are really having a fabulous time. The memorable group photo says it all!

    ReplyDelete