Friday, August 19, 2011

Après Déjeuner


 Après Déjeuner        8 x 10           oil on board

Have you ever felt like this after lunch?  I know I have especially when I go to France!

I found this couple irresistible. When I saw them I thought- they're just perfect. It was one of those rare and wonderful occasions where I just smiled the whole time I was painting. 

I snapped a quick pic of these folks and finished back in my studio. Since I don't want to be a slave to photos, I paint from black and white and use it as a reference with alot of alterations and a bit of memory, the bit I still have.

Frankly, like some other painters I know it's my preference to find a model with a little,
um, extra meat on there bones.

                                                              


No comments:

Post a Comment