Monday, August 29, 2011

A-muse-ing



The idea floats out of the blue like a feather drifting slowly down from the sky.  I’m glad I noticed it.  If I was in a hurry or preoccupied I would have missed it completely. 

It glides from left to right and back again, then pirouettes gracefully on the breeze before landing onto my outstretched hand. How lucky I am! 
Stroking it carefully I admire its beauty, wonder where it came from, who sent it, and how was it made in the first place? I tickle my check with it, smile with delight and tuck it in a pocket next to my heart.

I turn and head immediately to the studio. How lucky I am!

Muse- a guiding spirit; a source of inspiration.
A-muse- to hold the attention of (someone) pleasantly.

Do you think we are more inspired when we create with a sense of play?




No comments:

Post a Comment