Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Geraniums and more geraniums.

  My French Geraniums  20 x 20 oil on canvas

This painting will be available at the Painted Garden art show
at Beach Gallery in Va. Beach, Va. on April 5th. I'll 
announce details closer to the opening.  It will be running in conjunction
with Historic Garden Club week.

To warm up for the painting I did a small version that is available now
in auction format via the link below the painting.  Each painting 
turns out uniquely and there are qualities that I like about each one.
I'm curious which one you prefer?


      My Little French Window  6 x 6 oil on museum board

Thanks for much for viewing my artwork and I appreciate 
your comments.




8 comments:

  1. I love the composition, Bruce. Sets the painting apart from the regular geranium viewpoints. Which one do I like best???? Hmm... Hard to say as I enjoy the fully developed one and the sketch has a vitality I am drawn to. I guess I like them both equally for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I feel the same way, I like certain elements of each one. Also the small one is on board and the larger on is canvas so that changes things as well.

      Delete
  2. Both are really lovely paintings but of I hqd to chose, my favourite is the small 6 x 6. I just love the less finished aspects of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, thanks so much for commenting. It's been interesting to find out how others feel about the difference. Social media stats were 37 for the larger and 25 for the smaller. Most were artists that voted for the smaller one;) Food for thought!

      Delete
  3. Love the color intensity, red against ochre. Lots of push and pull there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Anne, thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Those geraniums are beautifully painted Bruce - thanks for sharing! As long as you don't mind I'll link your blog from my own daily painting blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom, please. Do link. Love your Marmite painting!

      Delete