Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Where I was last January.



I'd like to share my experience in the Antarctic with you.
Our 2015 trip was in two phases- the first half was visiting the actual 
South Pole that you can read about by clicking here.


The second leg of our journey was a small cruise ship from Ushuaia, Argentina
across the Drake Passage to the coast of the Antarctic Continent.
Once we arrived we kaycked with just 12 other people.
It was amazing!


Did I mention three days in twenty foot seas (one way) to get there?
Yes, it was worth it!
Unlike the actual South Pole this area is filled with wildlife,
whales, penquin, leopard seals, birds and more.
Close encounters!
Snow Angel

And what's on the horizon for 2016?
I'm in!

Thanks for following my blog and letting me share my at/life with you!




2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the trip via words and photos, again.
    You are quite the adventurer.

    ReplyDelete